Saturday, September 23, 2006

What I've learned...

I've learned that the words "portion control" are my worst enemy...

That if my boss weren't my boss she might be one of my closest friends...

That Imani often mistakes my earrings for cookies and wants to bite them...

And that it hurts...

That sometimes you need a week with nothing to do in order to realize what it is you should be doing...

That you can never replace the sound of your best friend's laugh after every one of your jokes...

That a discount airline is discount for a reason... (soon I'll tell the story of USA3000)

That each of my friends has something different to teach or show me if I just shut my mouth and observe...

That where you're born and raised is not necessarily where you have to stay for the rest of your life...

That given the choice between Denino's and Joe & Pat's, Denino's wins every time... with a side of calamari and a Sam Adams *wink* ...

That I'm not my parents's parent and now they need to realize that too...

That if I gain five pounds, I'm the only person who notices...

That it's time for me to be happy and bungee jump off the cliff of shittiness I've been standing on for months...

That just because you love and lost does not mean you can never love again...

5 comments:

Desiree said...

All that you've learned lately sound VERY important. Seriously, it's good to realize alot of the things you've realized, good for you!
I'm tired and need coffee - so I'll email you after the coffee :)

Caro said...

all very valid and necessary observations/lessons.

live it, you deserve it.

and what an adorable picture! =)

The Absent Minded Landlord said...

Mmmm, calamari. USA3000 is great... if you want to leave at the butt crack of dawn or come home at midnight. No thanks, I'll pay the extra $40 and fly Delta.

LindzyPinzy said...

that was very nice:)
I love the part about having to do nothing for a week to figure out what u should be doing

and such a cute photo!

Karla said...

oh i love the pic of you and Imani so cute.

Sometimes you have to do nothing in order to find something to do.